- Anti-bribery, corruption and fraud
- Competition law
- Cyber security
- Data protection
- Environmental law
- Health and safety
- Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Reputation management
- Risk management: general
- Demystifying company accounts
- Demystifying auditing for lawyers
- Demystifying business plans for lawyers
- Good faith and commercial contracts: playing fair
- Why traditional legal terms are costing your business (and what to do about it)
Managing and leading teams
- Leading small and medium legal teams
- Team emotional intelligence: how to avoid being a "quarrel of lawyers" and create a high-performance
Getting started in-house
Working with other people: skills for the new SRA regime
Kelli Read, Managing director, beyondBlackletter
Some early birds have already adopted the new regime, but from 1 November 2016 all solicitors will be required to adhere to the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s (SRA) new approach to continuing competence.
An introduction to the ethical leadership for in-house lawyers project
Richard Moorhead, Professor of Law and Professional Ethics at UCL
The Centre for Ethics and Law, UCL Laws, has recently published the first stage of our Ethical Leadership for In-House Lawyers Project. In this project, we are collaborating with in-house lawyers to understand the ethical challenges they face and help them build their capacity to deal with such challenges.
Modern Slavery Act: vital insights from soft law
Anna Triponel, Triponel Consulting
At a recent panel I spoke at relating to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (MSA), the Home Office representative was showered with questions regarding the transparency in supply chains provision (Section 54, MSA).
Top 10 Practical Law resources that are most popular with in-house lawyers.
Our most popular short form standard agreements for in-house lawyers.
Browse key resources for company secretaries.
Visit our Brexit landing page for a collection of content on the legal implications of the UK’s decision to leave the EU.
Latest Ask Questions
- Do you have a template or information on the content of an "influencer" marketing contract?
- If a principal seeks to cap the amount of compensation payable to a commercial agent by limiting commission to the first 100 units per customer, would this breach the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993?
- Is an agreement that one of the parties has failed to sign valid?
- Distributions: what is the amount of distributable reserves required where a dividend is only paid in respect of one class of shares or where a dividend is waived by a shareholder?
- Acquisitions: Where a warranty is given on an indemnity basis, what is the effect of disclosures made against that warranty?